Motivation is an indispensable element in the pursuit of any goal that we would like to achieve. It helps us in difficult moments, it mobilizes us for further work, it mobilizes us for action. Thanks to it, the path we follow makes sense and has an impact on our approach to the implementation of the task.
Definitely when we want to work on our body weight we should think about
motivation for weight loss.
Why and she so crucial?
- First of all, because a conscious approach to the goal gives a much greater chance of its
- It builds our psyche by influencing emotions, which are often associated with eating habits. All attempts to reduce weight, restrictive diets taken without motivation and
real goal often lead to the JoJo effect, cause overeating and food addiction.
- It is an engine for action when our environment knows that we are trying to work on ourselves and for what we strive, it is easier for us to realize
- The environment is often often a motivator for our goals, it’s how our friends look, it’s how we’d like to look.
So how to motivate yourself to lose weight?
- Determine the path and time of the pursuit to the goal.
The most important element of the process of losing weight and maintaining motivation on the way to the dream silhouettes is primarily an understanding of what changes we will need to make and how much time it’ll take us. In order for weight loss to be effective, it should be carried out in a conscious, adapted to our state of health, lifestyle and nutritional preferences.
- Don’t expect results right away
Define the whole process and follow the rules. Enjoy every progress and don’t expect
spectacular effects immediately. Know that any change in the way you eat takes time and
the best results come when we make permanent changes, only then we enjoy lasting
- Think about why you want to lose weight
Determine the reason why you are striving for weight loss. Is it a health issue, a visual issue or need acceptance? The reasons can be many, but the motivation in the pursuit of the goal should be reasonable and bear the benefits associated with the achievement of the agreed plan.
Motivation for weight loss – determined:
- setting a goal (Real),
- health status – control of body weight and test results
- consultation with a specialist-a nutritionist who will help in adjusting the nutrition plan and the path to its achievement.
- consultation with a psychologist – aimed at an informed approach to healthy eating and
a long-term approach to the process.
Motivation for weight loss – psychological factors
What psychological factors should be paid attention to when losing weight?
The pleasure of eating
Many of us associate food with pleasure. It’s spending a pleasant time at the table among friends, family, or rewarding yourself with a favorite dish in the worst moments. Creating such associations builds a sense of happiness, security and comfort.
Eating problems and stress
Accompanying food in more difficult moments is also an important element that affects our
the organism. Stress promotes overeating and, consequently, obesity. Eating problems and stress moments can be very pernicious and contributes to the consumption of unhealthy foods that they provide us with a lot of sugars and are processed.