I love Sunday’s as it’s usually the day when I get to spend time in my kitchen cooking and making snacks for the week. Today, I’ve got a veggie curry in the slow cooker and I also made these energy balls.
- 12 Dates
- 75g Almond Nuts
- 75g Cashew Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 1 Tbsp Maca
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sesame seeds
*Don’t worry if you don’t have any Maca or Flax in your cupboard. They are optional but I add them as they are high in iron, zinc, magnesium & fibre.
- Boil the kettle and pour 100mls of water on to the dates to soften them.
- Drain the water, remove the stones and add the dates to the food processor.
- Blend for 30 seconds
- Add all of the ingredients to the food processor
- Blend for 1 minute
- Melt a little bit of coconut oil in your palm
- Roll the mixture in your palm into a ball
- Roll the ball through the sesame seeds
- Store in the fridge.
- Eat within 5 days (mine never last that long because we eat them all!)
*Did You KNOW? Sesame seeds are mega high in calcium, omega 3 & protein.
This week I’m training a lot so I’m trying to make sure I’m getting lots of iron and protein. These energy balls are full of the good stuff and they taste amazing. Winner!
Let me know if you give the recipe a try, hit me up on Twitter & Instagram @adrienne_ldn