Easy chickpea burger recipe …
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 egg optional (not for vegans)
- First blend the spinach and coriander, in a food processor.
- Then blend the onion and shallot. Transfer then into a bowl.
- Next blend the chickpeas, but only for a few seconds. (Too long and they will be too mushy)
- Add the chickpeas and all the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix together then and make the burger patties.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Pan fry the burgers for 2-3 mins on each side
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 mins – 180*
- Add some salad and a bun
I love making these burgers with sweet potato chips and barbecue sauce. You can really taste the onions so it reminds me of summer BBQ’s. Make a batch of these in summer when your veggie friends come over. You can also freeze them after step 6, then cook them on the day.
Let me know if you tried making them, I’m on social media @adrienne_ldn
*Food processor for BoschUK