When it comes to plant based eating, it’s all well and good, until it’s time for dessert! I LOVE dessert! and just because I don’t eat dairy, doesn’t mean that I want a bowl of mango whilst everyone else at the table is having chocolate and ice cream. You ain’t fooling me with that raspberry coulis either. Fruit is not a real dessert!
So, here is my recipe for a Vegan Chocolate Mousse. It’s super easy to make and there is no baking required. So, if you are hosting a dinner party this Christmas, you’ll definitely win brownie points with your vegan friends.
Ingredients (makes enough for 4 people)
- 2 Bananas (ripe is better)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Raw Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream or Soya Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Pip & Nut Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Butter
All you need to make this chocolate mousse is a blender. I have used the Blend Active Personal Blender by Breville.
- Chop the bananas, then add the to a mixing bowl
- Add the avocado (remove the stone and the skin)
- Add the coconut cream or soya cream
- Add the vanilla paste & cocoa powder
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender & blend until smooth.
Serve the mousse and add the nut butter and raspberries to the top. Place the mousse into the fridge for thirty minutes. I absolutely love this recipe! It’s SO creamy and chocolatey 🙂 Plus it’s a great one for kids too as there is no added sugar or junk.
That’s it! So easy, quick to make, and there’s not much to wash up afterwards.
The food processor (see below) is a part of the Breville Accessory Pack which also includes a whipping disk, grinding mill and a juicer. It is all compatible so you don’t need three different appliances for food, smoothies and juice.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try it. Leave a comment below or send me a snap on Instagram @adrienne_ldn.
*This post is a partnership and is sponsored by Breville. #BlendActive